Or, welcome to my low-maintenance heck.
What your children are learning about history in America's public school system will probably surprise you. (h/t SmoothStone)
The authors found textbooks that stated or suggested:
- Jesus was a “Palestinian,” not a Jew.
- The Arab nations never attacked Israel. Arab-Israeli wars “just broke out,” or Israel started them
- Arab nations want peace, but Israel does not
- Israel expelled all Palestinian refugees
- Israel put the Palestinians in refugee camps in Arab lands, not Arab governments
- Palestinian terrorism is nonexistent or minimal
- Israel is not a victim of terrorism, or terrorism against Israel is justified
- U.S. support of Israel causes terrorism, including 9/11
- The intifadas were children’s revolts not involving adults or terrorism
I invite you to join me in an alternate
world, one in which Christianity is afforded the same "respect" that these textbooks currently give to Islam. Imagine, if you will, the outrage
that would be pouring out towards the school system if this
is what was in the textbooks.
Today's textbooks promote the idea that:
Think my "mythical" (yet oddly fact-filled) textbook would last long in our schoolrooms?